For those that were wondering when the next Accessibility Camp DC is, it will be on Saturday October 9 , 2010, at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM in Washington, DC. This year we plan on getting more people out if we possibly can and there is already a nice sized group of out of towners coming as well.
For those that have never attended a BarCamp style event, which this is, the speakers and subjects for the event are decided the day of the event by everyone in attendance. Also in true BarCamp fashion the attendees can register for the event for FREE.
Some of the subjects we are hoping people can and will talk about are the following:
- Section 508 Compliance or WCAG 2.0
- Practical Ways to Make Your Website Accessible
- Accessible PDF’s
- Making Flash Accessible
- What is WAI-ARIA – (Web Accessibility Initiative – Accessible Rich Internet Applications)
- Accessible Video and Transcription
- Panel Discussion on “Issues Effecting Individuals with Disabilities on the Web”
- Screen Reader Demos – JAWS and NVDA
- Mobile software accessibility
Please pass this information on to others so we can have as many people as possible to learn and make needed connections about accessibility.
Hope to see you all there.